HTML 5 Presentation
5 Things you should know about HTML5
Dec 04, 2013
1. What is HTML5?
- HTML5 is a new standard for HTML
- HTML5 used for Structuring and presenting content for Web
- HTML5 document is also called Web Pages
- HTML5 documents contain HTML tags and plain text
- HTML5 you can create your own Web site
2. New features in HTML5
- New content-specific elements, like <article>, <footer>, <header>, <nav>, <section>
- New form controls, like calendar, date, time, email, url, search
- The <video> and <audio> elements for media playback
- Full CSS3 Support
- The <canvas> element for 2D drawing
3. How to upgrade to HTML5?
- Change your DOCTYPE:
- <!DOCTYPE html> And that’s it.
- Example html5 :
- <!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta charset=”UTF-8″>
<title>Title of the document</title>
Content of the document……
4. What are the HTML5 Rules
- Reduce the need for external plugins like Flash
- Better Error Handling
- HTML5 should be device independent
5. HTML5 Multimedia Video – Bye bye, Flash!
With HTML5, playing video is easier than ever.
- HTML5 <video> Element
Your browser does not support the video tag.
5. HTML5 Multimedia – Audio
With HTML5, playing audio is easier than ever.
- HTML5 <audio> Element
Your browser does not support the audio element.